+ automotive home
+ automotive applications
+ product design & development
+ advanced manufacturing
+ tool design and build
+ engineering capabilities
+ laboratory capabilities
+ quality management
+ request literature
+ submit an RFQ
+ contact us
+ keep me informed
+ news & events
+ articles & studies
+ related FAQs
Filtertek has a broad and deep understanding of many different types of filtration media and plastics. From flow to chemical compatibility, operating pressures to manufacturability - matching a materialís characteristics to the application is a competence our technical staff has mastered. We continually seek out the most advanced materials available, so your product has every available advantage.
Just as vital as specifying the proper material is ensuring material quality. We strictly monitor the performance of our incoming raw materials, including woven and non-woven screen fabrics, membranes and resins, to ensure they meet our rigorous quality standards.
The goal of media development is to provide high-performance, superior-quality and low-cost media to solve your contamination problem.
- Synthetic woven screen and extruded plastic netting
- Wet laid paper, such as microfiber glass and cellulose
- Dry laid nonwovens, such as melt-blown and spunbond
- Depth media, such as needle felt and melt-blown
- Asymmetrical-depth media
- Composites and laminates, such as felt-screen, and sonically bonded meltblown-nonwoven
- Microporous membrane
- Polyethersulfone (PES)
- Polyvinylidene flouride (PVDF)
- Polytetraflourethylene (PTFE)
- Cellulose acetate
- Adsorbent, such as activated carbon and water absorbing polymer
- Teflon-coated screen for water/oil separation
- Stainless steel screen
- With well-equipped converting capabilities and a state-of-art testing lab, Filtertek focuses our own R&D to develop specially formulated high-performance media, and our scientists and technicians work closely with suppliers and customers to tailor custom filtration material.
Injection molding of technically advanced products is the core of Filtertekís business. We have exclusive plastic-molding technology for filter housings and straight molded components. Our advanced capabilities enable fit in essentially any given space with any geometric shape.
- Low-density polyethylene (LPDE)
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Methyl Methacrylate / ABS (MABS)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)